In the Yoga Wall Teacher Training you will have the rare opportunity to expand your knowledge of the depth and breadth of Yoga. Alison and Elia will teach you how to harness the utility and assistance of the Yoga Wall, along with the purpose of practicing poses on the Yoga Wall. You will learn traditional poses including standing poses, inversions, twists, backbends and forward bends from a different perspective, as well as alignment principles, injury prevention and healing taught by a physical therapist and a Yoga therapist.
Following the training you will be able to teach a Yoga Wall Class, giving you a specialization, and receive a Wall Method Certificate. Teachers will be able to enrich their own skill set and build credibility within their own community as someone that draws from other methodological perspectives.
- History and purpose of the Yoga Wall
- Anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics in relation to Yoga Wall
- Benefits of the Yoga Wall
- Inversion therapy
- How to teach using the Yoga Wall, and design a specific focus class (i.e. scoliosis, low-back pain)
- Alignment cues to deepen practice and teaching
- Create an ambiance that promotes awareness and healing
- Independent Project to deepen your own grasp and understanding of the Yoga Wall
(17 contact + 3 non-contact homework assignment)